Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy 101

Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski of In My Life is apparently enjoying my Let's Go To Expo posts enough to present me with the honor of the Happy 101 Award.  My task is to identify 10 things that make me happy and award 10 others this award.


What makes me happy:

1.  Knowing that I was raised in the perfect family in the perfect neighborhood in the perfect house.  Perfect is in the eye of the beholder, and some days the perfection of my happy childhood, flaws and all, hits me like a welcomed brick.  Today was one of those days.

2.  My dog, Izzie. And the memories of the dogs that had come before him: Mandy and Skipper.

3. Cousin Connections.  Call me sensitive or call me sentimental. There is something extra special about re-connecting with cousins long lost.  And the exhilerating feel of connecting with a cousin never known is indescribeable. Every time I find a cousin, or one finds me, I am overcome with wonderment about what our common ancestor must be thinking now!

4.  Friends.  You know, the people you can yell at, cuss at, laugh with, cry with, and just hang out with and know that the bond between you will never be broken.

5.  My career.  I usually love being a social worker. It allows me to use my creativity to further the lives of others. And in the process, of my own life.

6.  My car. Okay, this is rather materialistic, but I don't care. I love my car. (Knocking on wood as I type this, as I firmly believe that every time you say something good about a car it hears you and it breaks down).

7.  Tucson winters.  Most of the year I miss the lush green grass of my home in Western New York. And I miss WATER.  Big, blue, bodies of water that were not created by man (or woman). But this past week , with high temps in the low 70's, proves that you just can't beat Tucson winters.

8.  Professional Football.  I'm going to be a bit melancholy in a few weekends' time....

9.  The Internet. It allows me to have fun and make those cousin connections that in turn help me make more spiritual connections with ancestors long gone.

10.  Mayonaisse and lettuce sandwiches.  Okay, I know it sounds awful, and you're wondering why my parents would ever have allowed me to eat such things, but every once in a while I just have to have two pieces of white bread with mayonnaise (not miracle whip) and leaves of iceberg lettuce on them.  Goes back to the happy childhood thing again. Comfort food, if you will.

Now the 10 blogs I pass it on to: 

1. Conversations wth Ancestors Past
2. I Dream of Genea(logy)
3. Passing it On
4. Twig Talk
5. Apple's Tree
6. Destination Austin Family
7. DearMyrtle
8. footnoteMaven
9. ThinkGenealogy
10.GeneaMusings

No comments: