Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Do They Know It's Christmas?

Many of you know that I have a special blog set up for my dog, Izzie. I started this blog the day I brought Izzie home from the shelter. I'm not really sure why; part of me thought that adoption would make a good children's book and perhaps I could use Iz as the main character in the book. It turned out to be one, a creative outlet for me, and two, another method to connect with other dog lovers. Not too long after that, I'd found an online community of dog-bloggers known as Dogs With Blogs (DWB). I'd found that I was just 1 of over 600 dog-bloggers (now over 1,000!).

Anyway, it's quite a community with lots of funny blogs, educational blogs, and daily life blogs. Much like the GeneaBlogger community. Members share their laughter, tears, and joys of raising dogs and reaching out to others. One member, Pappy, created a video of a group of the dogs in the DWB community lip-synching to the song, Do They Know It's Christmas, by Band-Aid. I think it's a cute way to spread a message that reaches beyond the holidays. Since footnoteMaven is recruiting carolers, I present this video.



It's Christmastime
There's no need to be afraid
At Christmastime, we let in light and we banish shade
And in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world at Christmastime
But say a prayer Pray for the other ones
At Christmastime it's hard, but when you're having fun
There's a world outside your window
And it's a world of dread and fear
Where the only water flowing is the bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring there are the clangingchimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you
And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life(Oooh)
Where nothing ever grows
No rain nor rivers flow
Do they know it's Christmastime at all?
(Here's to you) raise a glass for everyone
(Here's to them) underneath that burning sun
Do they know it's Christmastime at all?
Feed the worldFeed the world
Feed the world
Let them know it's Christmastime again
Feed the world
Let them know it's Christmastime againr
epeat then fade

(Bob Geldof & Midge Ure)

1 comment:

footnoteMaven said...

I LOVED this!

I brought my two Pup-A-Dos in and let them sing along.

Hunter and Zoe know It's Christmastime.

Thank you!

-fM