Wednesday, October 29, 2008

To The Admins of It's Our Tree.Com

Dear Sir or Madam:

Someone should really tell your public relations/marketing people to change your emails. I mean, it's nice that they've been short, sweet and to the point, but seriously, do you really expect people to read these emails? Was it your intention to make your marketing emails look like spam? If it was, CONGRATULATIONS! You've succeeded!

Come on, now, you must have received those truly spam emails from Jamaica and other countries. You know the ones that ask recipients to send them cash to free their leaders from oppression? Or to build their economies? Do you realize that your marketing emails look just like these spam mails? And do you realize what most sensible people do with those spam emails?

They block them! Yup. I know this for a fact, because it's exactly what I do with them. And I'm so incredibly average that I know all about what average people do: They block spam emails.

So what do you think I did with your emails that look just like those spammers trying to get me to send money to their banks? Yup, that's right. I blocked your address.

Of course, I didn't realize your site is a legitimate genealogy site until I saw your site discussed on my favorite genealogy blogs. How would I know your emails were legit when they look just like the spam emails I get from other countries asking for money?

Okay, I think I've made my point. Change your marketing techniques. It can only help your cause.

No comments: