Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Let's Go to Expo! Part 7


A couple of days and one post closer to the 2010 Family History Expo in Mesa, Az on January 22 & 23! Let's get the show on the road!

David Dilts is accredited for genealogical research for the areas of LDS Research and German Research. He's a Senior Reference Consultant in U.S. Reference at the Family History Library.  Attendees  have 4 opportunities to hear hhim speak:

1/22 @ 4:30  Evaluating Genealogical Evidence
1/23 @ 1:00  Revolutionary War Research
1/23 @ 2:30  Civil War Research
1/23 @ 4:00  World War I and World War II: U.S. Military Records

I'm not even sure how to introduce the next presenter.  Oh, wait, yes I do!  Having met her in person at last  year's conference, I can tell you she is as kind in real life as she is on the Internet.

DearMYRTLE, Ol' MYRT, Pat Richley, it all adds up to knowledge.  Her books include Dear MYRTLE's Joy of Genealogy (2006),  and The Everything Online Genealogy Book (2000). Her blogs include DearMYRTLE's Genalogy Blog and Teach Genealogy  At the FH Expo in Mesa, she will present on a topic near and dear to her heart (and especially to ours.  You can attend her presentations at the following times:

1/22 @ 11:30 FINALLY Get Organized!
1/23 @ 9:30  Getting from an Index to the Original Document

I was kind of hoping she'd present on Second Life, since I just haven't been able to grasp it.  Perhaps I can corner her for a tutorial...

1 comment:

Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski said...

Colleen, Thank you for posting your Let's Go to Expo! "series." How I would love to be in Arizona to attend (not to mention that as I write this I await the Packers football game in AZ - again!)

I continue to be amazed and inspired by all the talented family historians who author blogs. While I may not be the first to do so, I would like to present you with the Happy 101 Award. You can pick up your award at http://anaharcockermom.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award.html

Congratulations -

Fondly,
Cindy