Thursday, December 9, 2010

Advent Calendar: Christmas Collections

Christmas brings so many memories, and for me, almost all of them are wonderful.  The season is full of things I love: Food, Cookies, Decorations, Trees, Christmas Cards. Music, Snow (well, it used to be anyway).  It is also a time for me to showcase my favorite collections.  The best collection in my possession is my collection of these:
I have about 35 nutcrackers.  I started the collection several years ago when I found collectible "Nutcrackers Around the World" at the Robinson's May After-Christmas sales.  I started with two: Ireland and German, which are shown in the photo below, the third and fourth from the right: 
What is/are your Christmas Collections? (I have another collection, which I'll save for a later Grab Bag from the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories).

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Love your nutcrackers! I too have several (no where near the quantity you have :) but also collect Christmas themed snow-globes and different Santas. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Greta Koehl said...

I have a few nutcrackers, but not enough to qualify as a collection. What we have a some carved Russian figures and some Russian dolls - the colors and ornate decorations are very well suited to Christmas.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

My grandfather loved nutcrackers. Seeing yours brought up some good memories for me. Thank you for sharing!

Joy Burkhart said...

Hi Colleen, Nutcrackers is one thing I've never collect. My mother-in-law has a BUNCH of these, including a mantle scarf embroidered with nutcracers! My collections are village buildings and ornaments of all kinds.

I’ve enjoyed reading your blog, too. I’ve awarded you the Ancestor Approved Award! Go here

http://tomorrowsmemorieskjlb.blogspot.com/2010/12/and-ancestor-approved-award-goes-to.html

to collect your icon and display in the side bar of your blog.

Congratulations!

Joy B