Sunday, May 4, 2008

47th Carnival of Genealogy

The 47th Carnival of Genealogy, with the topic of describing the hometown of your ancestor(s), is posted now at Jasia's site, HERE. I didn't get a chance to write an entry this time around, though it wasn't for lack of desire. Both my paternal and maternal ancestors settled in Luzerne County, PA; my maternal line in Pittston and my paternal line in and around Nanticoke.

While I do know pretty much what brought my ancestors to Pittston (railroading) and Nanticoke (coal mining), I know very little about the towns themselves. I have not had time to research them, either, which is why I was not able to partake in this month's COG.

Many other Bloggers have had time to do their research, however, so hop on over to this month's installment of the Carnival of Genealogy and get ready for some good reads! Meanwhile, I'll start doing my own research on Pittston and Nanticoke.

No comments: