Sunday, February 17, 2008

First it was I Am. Now I Am It!

I've been tagged by Lori at Smoky Mountain Family History to answer some questions regarding non-fiction books.

What issues/topic interests you most--non-fiction, i.e, cooking, knitting, stitching, thereare infinite topics that has nothing to do with novels?

Well, to be quite honest, I don't read too terribly much. And when I do read, it's almost always fiction of the suspense/murder mystery type. I love both Kellermans, Fay and Jonathan, as well as Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson (when he writes solo), James Balducci, and sometimes Sue Grafton, though her alphabet mysteries got old by the time I got halfway through. Non-fiction? Let's see. I have several Genealogy books I haven't read yet (I'd probably be much better at it if I did). I have several cookbooks that I peruse every weekend when making my shopping list. I don't knit or craft since I have horrible fine motor skills. I used to digital scrapbook but haven't in a while. I enjoy historical coffee-table photograph books that include small snippets about the photographs within their pages. Not that I have any (the dog would eat them if I did), but I enjoy them when I see them at friends' or in the stores.

Would you like to review books concerning those?

I wouldn't mind reviewing some genealogy books, cookbooks, coffee-table books, etc. I foresee a problem with this, though, as I do with rented movies: If the story doesn't capture my interest within the first half hour, I stop watching. It would be the same with books that don't capture my interest in the first chapter or two.

Would you like to be paid or do it as interest or hobby? Tell reasons for what ever you choose.

If I got paid for it, I'd finish reading them!

Would you recommend those to your friends and how?

If I knew people who shared the authors' interest, I'd just tell them about it.

I'm not sure I can come up with 10 people to tag that haven't already been, but I'll try:

Randy of Genea-Musings

Thomas of Destination Austin Family

Lee of The I Seek Dead People Blog

Schelly of Tracing the Tribe: The Jewish Genealogy Blog

Dee, aka GenLady at Dee's Genealogical Journey

Cat at Diggin Up Dirt

Craig at GeneaBlogie.

Janice at Cow Hampshire

Okay, I'm cleaned out ;). 8 will have to do! Enjoy!

1 comment:

maggie moran said...

I like your answers and the paper lovin' dog. ;D I'm visiting from Lori's blog...